Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year That Was (013)

Dear blog,

You must hate me for changing your name thrice this year, or love me because I spoil you with a new look every time even when no one really looks. You see, I want you to always feel pretty and cared for.

In case you don't know, it's the last day of the year. And it has been one hell of a year. Crazy. Crazy good.

I feel like I owe you an apology. Remember last year when I made a blog post about 2013 goals? They hardly happened. I feel like a failure for not being able to meet my goals and expectations, but I am happy that many other (GREAT) things happened instead.

I attended school from January up to December this year with about 2 weeks off between semesters. I learned so much from my classes, and met the most amazing professors I am probably going to remember all my life. I was given the opportunity to present two papers at a student conference - my first one ever. I made my parents very proud. I made my whole family very proud. I, too, am proud of myself, but I could be more proud had I done a couple of things differently. But I know that things don't always go your way, you can't please everybody, and that things happen.

This year, I feel that I have spent sufficient time with my family, which I believe is very important. I know that I have been a very good daughter. Sometimes it gets exhausting, but that's just a matter of fact. I will never complain for spending too much time with my family, or cooking several dishes all at once because I like seeing people I love happy. It makes me happy.

I'm not rich in material things; I am still in the process of making that happen. But I am very, very rich in faith, family, and love above all other things. I know that material riches count. Some people think my priorities are shitty for settling with the few things I have. I don't know. I guess that's just how I roll.

I made new friends, and became distant with some. I don't consider them 'lost friendships' because I will always be a friend. Even if I don't talk with someone for several months, I will still be there - ready to pick things up where we left off. I'm that kind of person. I value people more than I should.

I'm ranting. Forgive me, blog. It's the last day of the year and I feel it's right to express my sentiments. Consider it as taking down a heavy load, ready to pick up new ones starting tomorrow.

I loved 2013. I will always love it. I don't think I can say goodbye to it just yet but I guess I have to in a few hours. Tomorrow scares me. 2014 scares me. But I think it will be fine. Don't you think?

It will be okay.

Love,
Joey of 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment